When used correctly, your company’s Google Business Profile is a free and effective way to supplement and solidify your online presence. You heard that right, FREE! At DevBarry, we’re passionate about improving your online presence and making things easier for you when it comes to digital marketing. We’ve rounded up five of our favorite tips for Google Business Profile optimizations that will amplify your voice online.
Google Business Profile (Formerly Google My Business) Optimization Checklist:
- Ensure Your GBP is Set Up Correctly – Signing up is half the battle! Once you create your free GBP account, make sure you fill out allll the necessary information. Include relevant hours, links, photos, and other important information to make your profile shine and improve its crawlability. This simple step puts you miles ahead of those who fail to see the significance of Google Business Profiles.
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand (Key)Words – Okay, maybe not a thousand keywords, but they do say a lot. Adding quality photos and videos to your GBP is a game-changer for standing out online. In the age of short attention spans, speak directly to your customers with effective imagery of your business and products.
- Keywords Are Key – Much like on your website, you’ll want to incorporate as many relevant keywords as possible in your GBP optimizations. By using industry-specific keywords to grab your audience’s attention, you can cut through the noise and make an impression on consumers. If you don’t know where to start with SEO, learn more about our services here!
- The Reviews Are In (And They’re Glowing) – As a business owner, nothing makes you feel better than a glowing review from a valued customer. Good reviews actually serve another helpful purpose than boosting confidence, however. By utilizing reviews on your GBP, you come off as authentic and personable to customers. Even including the occasional cynical review gives you a sense of credibility that can’t be bought. Be sure to reply to both positive and negative reviews to address your customer’s concerns. You can even use keywords in your response!
- Special Attributes – The special attributes section of GBP allows you to showcase your business’s unique selling points. Highlighting things that make your business stand out will stop your target audience in their tracks! The special attributes section is a great way to target niches without pigeonholing your business. Examples of this are businesses that are black-owned or female-owned and other attributes that display special accommodations. Don’t overlook this section when you’re optimizing your Google Business Profile!
We think you’ll be surprised how rewarding it can be when you apply these Google Business Profile optimizations! Take advantage of these five zero-cost local SEO tools to outrank your competitors and improve your reach locally. You can find more ways to improve your local SEO here!
If you’d like to talk about other ways to help your business online, fill out our form here to get started with DevBarry today!